Friday 26 April 2013

Fanfiction - getting started again.

Who needs regular posts when you can post once every two years?

And who needs regular fanfiction updates when you can just abandon your fics and let all your readers down?

Yes, that's right. Fanfiction.



Anyway, I'm getting started with my writing again; I feel the inspirational juices flowing ... or something that sounds less digusting. Nevertheless, I finally want to get properly to work on the stories I've had in my head for ... well, years and years.

So I will, primarily, be working on two stories these coming months. First and foremost, there is my Star Trek fanfic, Finding Trinity, which is already up on fanficion.net, as well as the k/s fanfiction archive. It is currently 13 chapters long, and has pretty much just been sitting there, untouched, for a year. At least. I am ashamed. The Original Series crew would be disappointed in me, too. I know they would.

Can't you just see it?

So, anyway, "Finding Trinity" is a K/S fic, set right after "Tomorrow is Yesterday", and, at 13 chapters, it is definitely far from finished. I am currently writing chapter 14, and I hope my inspiration doesn't desert me now. I also think I need to watch some more TOS, to freshen my impression of the characters, etc.

The second fic I'm writing, is a Harry Potter fic.


Yaaaaaay! Because Harry Potter is awesome. That is all.

This is an evil!Harry fic called "Changed" (original and exciting title, I know), and I have been working on it since I was 17.

What's that you say? How could I possibly work on something for that long and not have even a single complete chapter that I'm even remotely happy with?

Pure talent, that's how.

Oh yeah.

So that's pretty much what's going on.

Oh, and I technically also have this little MA thesis I'm supposed to be writing.

But screw that, let's write fanfiction!

Says I.

No comments:

Post a Comment